Thursday, October 20, 2011

Brusha Brusha Brusha!

Anyone reading up on natural health and well-being is bound to come across body brushing at some point (or many, depending on where your research takes you!).  My advice? Indulge!

It is a dry brushing, intended to get your blood circulating, slough off any dead skin, and allow toxins to exit through your skin. Start at your feet and work your way up.  Since it is a dry brushing, make sure that you get a soft bristled brush or you'll be sloughing off more than just dead skin!!

Play around with it.  Some people find it invigorating and a great way to jump start their mornings! I, however, find it to be very relaxing and best not to be done until I'm ready to veg-out.  I've always enjoyed a night shower to help me calm down and unwind from the day and I feel that a good dry brushing helps expedite this process.  In fact, my sleeping patterns are much better as well!

Some experts will give you thorough instructions on how to do it properly...but I say, go with your gut and do what feels natural (an upsweeping motion towards my torso is what feels the best to me). And remember to drink water, it'll help as well!

~a little salt for your your tequila and lime (to prevent scurvy, of course!)

No comments: