Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Watery Finish

I gave you a bit of extra time with increasing your water intake, so how did you do?  Find methods that worked better than others?

Hopefully by now--if you're playing along--you'll be a water pro.  MY biggest challenge with this habit is not getting sick of drinking water.  Funnily enough, I rarely have that problem with beer and wine.  Then I realized it's because sometimes I drink Stella and other times I drink Guinness, depending on my mood.

Water is the same way--you need to find ways to make it more exciting.   For me that's sparkling water, specifically flavored sparkling water.  But maybe you hate sparkling--or as my niece likes to call it, fuzzy--water!  That doesn't meant that you can't have exciting water.  Pretend your house is a fancy, schmancy spa and add fruit & let the flavors seep in! Personally, I like watermelon and orange.  Play around with different fruit combinations, throw a few slices /pieces in the bottom of the pitcher, fill with water, and viola! you're on your way to tasty, exciting water!  In case you're wondering, no...i don't eat the fruit, it gets waterlogged and all the delicious flavors are now in the water.

If you're drinking bottled or sparkling flavored water, just make sure it has no calories, artificial sweeteners (see The Skinny on Diet Drinks), or sodium.  It has been suggested that I need a Hellthy Drinks sections--great idea!--so be on the look out for that soon.

~a little salt for your tequila & lime (to prevent scurvy of course!), followed by a big ol' glass of water!

No comments: