Sunday, July 29, 2012

Getting Back on Track...

wow.  ever feel like life has just taken over and the next thing you know it's the end of July and you could've sworn it's April???

It happens to me.  A lot.  I recently reconnected with one of my very first friends that I made here in NYC and when asked how things were I answered "crazy busy."  His response was "when are you not crazy busy?"  It made me realize that I've always joked about being crazy busy, but I really am and 97% is completely my fault.

Balance is probably the hardest thing for me to achieve.  Moderation, in my opinion is a four-letter word.  Focus is impossible when it comes to me & my personal life.  And I think these are three of THE most important things to remember and work on while on the road to hellthy.

I recently started reading the book This Year I Will... and it offers some great insight on why you might be struggling with getting healthy and how changing your attitude can change your life.  The author, MJ Ryan, offers up some really amazing advice.  I'm not going to outline it all here--because I feel like if you have a hard time committing to or following through with something, you really need to read this book!--but she reminds us that life is precious and short and we should only be committing to things that we truly want to do.

Changing is hard.  It requires work and persistence and patience.  Chances are, if you're struggling then one of these links are missing.  Mine is patience.  I ain't even gonna front!

It's time to take back your life.  Move on, forgive your past mistakes, but learn from them.  Things won't always be perfect or easy or sane, but I don't call it hellthy for nothing!

~a little salt for your courage in a shot.

No comments: